The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas said they will include Navarro after he informed them that he is now eager to join the selection process.
“We know a lot of teams had their eyes on Navarro, but the Board of Governors saw past that to consider the needs of Gilas. He will be the last addition to our pool to give the PBA teams enough time to map their game-plan for the upcoming draft,” said SBP President Al Panlilio in a statement.
The 23-year-old Navarro had earlier backed off from joining the Gilas Pilipinas training bubble in Calamba, Laguna.
He was among the numerous collegiate players, who forfeited their final year of eligibility to play in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines.
The addition of Navarro comes after the trio of Jordan Heading, Tzaddy Rangel, and Jaydee Tungcab were also named to the Special Gilas Draft the other day.
Terrafirma will be the first to pick their choice in the Gilas draft, which is set on March 14.
After the Dyip, it will be NorthPort Batang Pier, which will have its turn at no. 2, with NLEX Road Warriors coming next at no. 3.
The order of selection in the Gilas draft is the same as the regular draft that follows shortly after.
The SBP earlier said that it will submit a minimum of three and maximum of five players, who will be handpicked as new members of the national training pool.
Also joining the draft pool are Isaac Go, brothers Matt and Mike Nieto, and Rey Suerte as full-time members of the Gilas pool.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.