Bizarre cheese pairings and dishes with cheese aside, you can never go wrong with the classics, the food which cheese helps make better. Here are refresher recipes of some of them, courtesy of Eden cheese.
2 slices bread
2 slices Eden Melt Sarap cheese
3 pieces bacon
1 tbsp. butter
1. Cook the bacon, then make the sandwich with Eden Melt Sarap and fried bacon.
2. In a pan, heat butter until melted. Grill the sandwich in the pan until golden brown. Serve.
1 kg. spaghetti noodles
1 bottle banana ketchup
560g Pinoy-style Spaghetti Sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
3/4 kg. ground beef
5 pieces hotdogs, sliced
2 pcs. beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in water
1 pc. medium onion, chopped
1 cup Eden Melt Sarap
7 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. salt
4 tbsp. cooking oil
1. Cook pasta according to instructions on the packaging. Drain and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in butter until onions turn translucent. Add ground beef and cook for 5 minutes. Add hotdog and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add spaghetti sauce, bouillon cubes, banana ketchup, and water. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour spaghetti sauce over pasta. Top with grated cheese and serve.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 pcs. chicken breasts
8 slices Eden Melt Sarap
8 slices ham
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 pcs. large eggs, beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. dried oregano
4 tbsp. butter
2 cups fresh milk
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
1/4 cup freshly grated Eden Original
salt and ground pepper
For the chicken:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap on a cutting board and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten until ¼-inch thick.
3. Top chicken with 2 slices of Eden MeltSarap and 2 slices of ham. Roll up the breast tightly and secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
4. Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in three bowls. Season flour with salt and pepper. Add melted butter and oregano to panko and mix until incorporated.
5. Dip the chicken in flour first, then eggs, then the crumb mixture. Press to coat well.
6. Place dipped chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden and cooked through (around 30 mins).
7. Remove toothpicks from chicken and serve with sauce.
For the sauce:
1. In a medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large pan.
2. Add flour and stir until golden (around 2 mins). Slowly whisk in milk, then add mustard. Let simmer until thickened (about 5 mins).
3. Add grated Eden Original and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.