Makati places several areas under lockdown

The Makati City government placed some areas in Barangay Pio del Pilar in the first district under a three-day lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community.

The areas placed under localized enhanced community quarantine include Mayor Street (from Cuangco Street to Jerry Street), Jerry Street (whole street), Cuangco Street (from Mayor Street to M. Reyes Street), and M. Reyes Street (from Cuangco Street to Arguelles Stree), all in Zone 1.

In Zone 2, the affected areas were Arguelles Street (from Evangelista Street to A. Apolinario Street), Apolinario Street (from Arguelles Street to Calhoun Street), Calhoun Street (from A. Apolinario Street to Evangelista Street), and Evangelista Street (from Calhoun Street to Arguelles Street).

Mayor Abigail Binay signed and issued Executive Order 6 declaring the those areas as critical zones and placed them localized lockdown beginning 12:01 a.m. of March 13 until 11:59 p.m. of March 16 

“This is an LGU-led zoning containment strategy, which is the best approach in containing COVID-19 as it surgically targets areas where cases, either positive or suspected, are concentrated. Through this, we can monitor the number of cases more accurately and adopt a calibrated response that can adapt to the emerging conditions,” Binay said. 

As of March 12, the Makati Health Department recorded 25 confirmed cases and 42 close contact individuals in these two zones. 

Under the Executive Order, residents are not allowed to go outside their homes. 

Binay said personnel of the Makati City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit would conduct house-to-house swab tests to identify, isolate, and treat those infected with the disease.

If all members of the household test negative for COVID-19, the lockdown over the house shall be lifted. However, if a member of the household tests positive, the lockdown shall be extended to 14 days, with the person who tested positive being brought to a quarantine facility.

She said the city will provide food assistance to individuals under the restriction.

Online deliveries will be allowed but only at the designated drop-off on Arguelles Street. 

Commercial and business establishments within the quarantine zones are not allowed to operate.

Binay said the restriction would be lifted on March 16 when all surveillance, testing, and isolation interventions had been completed.

Personnel of the Makati Police Department and the Public Safety Department would be deployed to implement a “restrictive perimeter control.” 

Violators will be slapped with P5,000 for the first and second offense, while third-time and succeeding offenders will pay P5,000 and be imprisoned for a maximum of one year.

COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.

Source link

SHARE ME PLEASE!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply