He told Dobol B TV an investigation on Sinas’ supposed failure to observe health protocols was most proper as it is already his second infraction, the first being the “mañanita” crowd during his birthday in May last year.
Meanwhile, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Director General Wilkins Villanueva announced Sunday he had tested positive for COVID-19.
In a Facebook post, Villanueva said he took an RT-PCR test at the Chinese General Hospital on Saturday as a requirement for attending a Senate hearing on Monday.
“This morning, I received the result. I tested positive,” Villanueva said.
“I’m sorry to all the people that I had close contact with for the past days. Please take the necessary precautions,” the PDEA chief said.
Pressed for comment on Sinas’ latest misdemeanor, Lacson said the top cop “might be stricken out soon.”
As in baseball, he said, Sinas was already at a disadvantage because after two strikes he had no ball yet.
The provincial government of Oriental Mindoro on Friday claimed that Sinas skipped the health protocols when he visited the province the day before.
The same day, Sinas was confirmed to have been infected with the COVID-19.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.